The following is a template for your store’s returns and refund policy, which must be edited for your business BEFORE you begin selling on the Marketplace. You are liable for maintaining and fulfilling your own procedures in accordance with this policy document. Failure to do so may lead to suspension of your store on the Marketplace or a mandatory refund at your customer’s request. Please amend the highlighted sections where relevant, but DO NOT remove the items related to PROCESS. These will assist your customer in requesting an exchange or refund from your store.
EXCHANGE AND REFUND POLICY
Last updated [month, day, year]
Registered Company Name:
Online store URL: www.marketplace.getlion.co.za/yourstore
We DO/DO NOT offer exchanges on your purchase.
If you’re looking to return and exchange your order for whatever reason, please indicate this by contacting us directly via the chat box on our store page, submitting an inquiry on our store page, or adding a note to your existing order once placed.
All return/exchange requests must be made before the end of the INSPECTION PERIOD stipulated on your order. Follow the process outlined below. If you fail to express your intent to return and exchange your purchase within the inspection period, payment for your order will be automatically released by Truzo™ and it then remains our sole discretion to process your request outside of the getlion™ Marketplace.
If your request is accepted, you will be able to exchange your purchase for a variant of another size, or an item of similar value. Our ability to fulfill your exchange may
depend on availability of stock.
Where applicable, list the different products/services that you sell and the requirements to satisfy your return/exchange policy:
- Must be returned in new and unused condition, with no visible signs of wear or use
- Must be returned in Original packaging/tags
The following items cannot be returned or exchanged:
- Discounted, “Deal of the Day” or Sale items are final and cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Non-physical items or Services that have been delivered cannot be returned or exchanged.
Our items DO/DO NOT have a warranty period of XXXX DAYS/MONTHS. Should your purchase break, we will gladly exchange it for a new one. Please note that this does not apply in the following instances:
- The damage is considered normal wear and tear (such as stretching or minor abrasion);
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges, weather/nature or corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorised alterations to the product.
To return an item, please follow the process below:
1) Contact us before the end of the inspection period, and indicate that you wish to exchange your purchase. Please provide a reason for the request. First, you must make this request via the Marketplace Chat facility on our store page, submitting an inquiry, or adding a note to your order. This will allow the us to respond to your exchange request.
2) Upon review, our team will confirm via your marketplace inbox of the approval or decline of the request and the reason thereof. If the request satisfies our store policy and to we agree to exchange the item, we will respond to you via the Marketplace chat box, or by updating the notes on your order.
3) You will be required to return the item securely in its original packaging and deliver your return to the following address. In the event that the return is due to our error, we will facilitate and pay for collection/exchange of your purchase.
In the event of an exchange, YOU/WE are responsible to incur the shipping costs involved. There may also be a cost associated with administering the exchange. Should you appoint a courier company to collect and return to us, we recommend that you use a trackable method to post/deliver your return, and issue us a tracking number. Alternatively, we can arrange a courier at an additional expense.
We DO/DO NOT offer refunds on your purchase.
Should your product be damaged on delivery, or you wish to change your size/variant, please contact us and we will be glad to assist with an exchange where possible.
Refunds are only applicable in the following instances:
- For defective or damaged products.
- For errors on our part that affect the quality of the product/service delivered to you.
- Where we have approved your order in error (for which you have made payment), but we are subsequently unable to deliver as required.
- Where you have requested an exchange for an approved reason, but we are unable to fulfill this due to limited stock or other reasons.
All refund requests must be made before the end of the INSPECTION PERIOD stipulated on your order. If you fail to request your refund before the end of the inspection period, payment for your order will be automatically released by Truzo™ and it then remains at our sole discretion to process your request outside of the getlion™ Marketplace thereafter. If you would like to request a refund, please follow the process outlined below:
1) Contact us and indicate that you wish to cancel the order and be refunded. Please provide a reason for the request. First, you must make this request via the Marketplace Chat facility on our store page, submitting an inquiry, or adding a note to your order. This will allow the us to respond to your refund request. If the request satisfies our refund policy and we agree to cancel, proceed to step 2.
2) Request a refund on Truzo™️.
– Login to Truzo via your account dashboard and select the transaction you wish to refund.
– Click “Transaction History” -> “Transaction Status” and click DISPUTE TRANSACTION.
– Indicate the reason for the dispute, the required course of action = REFUND and then SUBMIT DISPUTE.
– Both parties will be notified of request and prompted to approve
3) Your refund will be paid to your Truzo wallet within 48hours, whereafter you can return this to your bank account OR hold your Truzo balance for a future purchase. In accordance with getlion’s Terms & Conditions, your refund will be LESS the value of the Buyer Protection and Administration Fee of 3.40% (ex VAT).
In the event that you require a refund for a faulty or product that was delivered, it remains YOUR/OUR responsibility (and cost) to return the item to us in its original packaging.
In the event that WE cancel the order after you’ve made payment to Truzo – for reasons not owing to you (the Buyer) – i.e. we are out of stock, unable to deliver by the agreed deadline, or no longer willing/able to fulfil your order. Then proceed to follow the above process. You will be refunded the payment to your Truzo wallet. Note that this refund will be LESS the Marketplace Payment Protection and Administration Fee of 3.40% (ex VAT), however we will issue you (the Buyer) with a STORE CREDIT in the form of a unique coupon code, equal in value to the Payment Protection and Admin Fee that was deducted.
If you have any questions concerning our return policy, please contact us via the Chat box on our store page, or by updating the notes on your order.
We endeavor to respond to your request as soon as possible.
For answers to frequently asked questions, visit the Buyer FAQ’s available on marketplace.getlion.co.za for more.